New Matiilda has extended the consultation period until the end of March.
New Matilda wishes to consult widely on its draft Bill. We invite comments, questions and debate through the Human Rights Act forum on the website (click here). We also invite detailed submissions from individuals and organisations. The submissions received so far are below. There are also guidelines below.
Please note that the forum is open to all, including non-New Matilda subscribers. If you are not a New Matilda subscriber you will have to register for use, which is free.
1. Do you support the draft Human Rights Bill that New Matilda has prepared?
2. Does the draft Bill protect the appropriate mix of rights?
3. Does the balance struck in the draft Bill between the executive, the parliament and the courts provide adequate and appropriate protection of human rights?
4. Does the draft Bill provide appropriate remedies for unlawful infringement of human rights?
5. Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
Submissions need not address all of the above questions.
They should be in the form of a letter, or have a covering letter, addressed to: New Matilda’s Human Rights Act Campaign.
They may be emailed to email@example.com or posted to PO Box 1250, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
Donate To New Matilda
New Matilda is a small, independent media outlet. We survive through reader contributions, and never losing a lawsuit. If you got something from this article, giving something back helps us to continue speaking truth to power. Every little bit counts.