Today's odds


Odds unchanged (did we really think they would change after AFL grand final day?!): Coalition 66%, Labor 34%.

But die-hard ALP supporters may gain succour from Port Adelaide’s win yesterday. Prior to the game, Latham picked underdogs Port to win. The betting odds prior to the start of the game? Port Adelaide paid $2.75 (making them a 35% chance), while Brisbane paid $1.48 (a 65% chance). So Port’s odds were almost exactly the same as Latham’s currently are. Based on the betting odds, I’d still say Howard is likely to win on October 9. But as Port shows, 35% chances do come through, probably about 35% of the time…..

See more of Andrew’s commentary at the Imagining Australia blog .

Submissions to the Senate Mental Health Inquiry
(Links are in pdf format)

Health Consumers of Rural and Remote Australia

Sane Australia

National Rural Health Alliance

Australian Medical Association

Centre for Psychiatric Nursing Research and Practice

Health Services Union

The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners

Donate To New Matilda

New Matilda is a small, independent media outlet. We survive through reader contributions, and never losing a lawsuit. If you got something from this article, giving something back helps us to continue speaking truth to power. Every little bit counts.

New Matilda is independent journalism at its finest. The site has been publishing intelligent coverage of Australian and international politics, media and culture since 2004.