This popped up on the message stick of crikey who never sleeps last night:
It’s campaign hardball from Scott Morrison and the New South Wales Liberals as this leaflet lands in more and more letterboxes across the state: http://www.crikey.com.au/images/2004/09/13-YUTTY3BT00.pdf
Not that you could tell who the brochure is actually from. Look at the authorisation line. It mentions Morrison, but doesn’t actually name who he represents.
Odd. Very odd. The leaflet doesn’t pull any punches – so why does it spare its readers this gruesome detail?
About an hour later, the same material came to NewMatilda.com’s inbox, with the attached note:
I live in Dobell and the attached card was in my letterbox early this morning.
I’m not sure why the Libs think people in Dobell would be voting for Lindsay Tanner, the Honourable Member for Melbourne !!
Is it a State or a national letterbox drop? How many millions did the Libs have printed?
Who is Scott Morrison of Level 9, 140 William Street, East Sydney?
This morning, crikey said this:
The Liberals in NSW are winning that the sky will fall in if the Greens win the balance of power which raises three interesting questions:
1. If the Greens are so appalling, if the Greens are such a danger to society, how can NSW Liberal state director Scott Morrison justify giving them preferences ahead of the Labor Party in Grayndler, Sydney and the NSW Senate?
2. Doesn’t that potentially deliver the Greens the balance of power and whip hand over Labor that Morrison is so desperately warning against?
3. Wouldn’t it then be responsible of Morrison to rule out giving the Greens preferences?
Lots of questions. No answers yet. Keep watching that space.
Donate To New Matilda
New Matilda is a small, independent media outlet. We survive through reader contributions, and never losing a lawsuit. If you got something from this article, giving something back helps us to continue speaking truth to power. Every little bit counts.
- Landmark Decision: ‘Mushrooms’ And MDMA Legalised To Treat Depression And PTSD
- First Nations LGBTQIA+SB Creativity Showcased As ‘Marri Madung Butbut’ Full Program Revealed
- Left Jab: From Heaven To Hell, In The Shadow Of A Covid Vaccine
- Bring Back The Jim Jefferies Show: The Best Thing On The Internet
- Is Child Labour Really That Bad, Asked Every iPhone or Samsung Galaxy or Tesla Owner Ever
- Recycle 2023
- Should Elon Musk Be CEO Of Twitter? He’s Put It To A Vote. You Have Eight Hours Left.
- Growing Pressure On US To End Decade-Long Pursuit Of Julian Assange
- ‘I’ll Sit On His Face Till Police Arrive’: Hunky Crim Breaks The Internet
- Hell Hath No Fury Like A God-Bothering Premier Challenged On His Climate Change Inaction